Thursday, September 29, 2005

Solution for double speed APIC timer on AMD64

If your clock runs twice faster than it should on your AMD64 system (and so will your DVD playback), you can use the option 'no_timer_check' for your kernel to solve the problem. This is the cleanest solution for my system. When I searched the Internet for my double speed problem, most solution was to disable the APIC timer using the noapictimer kernel parameter (which will disable the entire APIC system), but disabling the APIC has created another problem for me: IRQ conflicts, my ethernet card stops working (actually: it only works if I moved my USB mouse). So I was very happy to find this option is available.

Hopefully this helps everyone that has the same problem with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home